Updated June 1, 2018.
Biofeedback Devices Pty Ltd is strongly committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Biofeedback Devices Pty Ltd is aware of its obligation to comply with the Commonwealth’s National Privacy Principles and with State and Federal legislation requiring the collection and holding of personal data.
Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) EU (entering in force as from 25 May 2018) and applicable national laws.
- What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and when you purchase goods from us. The personal data we process include:
- your name;
- home or work address that you provide, email address and/or phone number;
- your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- internet browser and operating system;
- IP address;
- and/or any other information you provide.
- How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed in paragraph 1 above for the following purposes:
- as required to establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example, if you make a purchase from us. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you and arranging the delivery of products. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products;
- we may use information you provide to personalise
- our communications to you;
- our website; and
- products in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to monitor use of our website and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and website, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- if you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties (such as POS payment providers) to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud, in accordance with our legitimate interests and those of third parties;
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in surveys.
- we may also send you direct mailing in relation to relevant products. Electronic direct mailing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct mailing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with our service providers to process it for the purposes of delivering products.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of the T&RA. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, maintenance, and identity checking.
The only information we obtain about our subscribers is information provided by subscribers (contact name, company, email, telephone numbers and/or fax number, business and postal address) and is never disclosed to any third party.
Because we believe that each individual has a right to know what information is stored by us about them we offer every member an opportunity to:
- Inquire if your name is recorded in our database
- Request access to the information that we have collected from you
- Review and correct any information we store
- Request removal of some or all of the information stored about you in our database
- How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a customer, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us unless you are a customer purchasing products in which event we will keep your information until you opt out.
Where you are a prospective customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your data until you unsubscribe from our communications.
Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted once payment is processed.
- Where is my data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you will be stored either in Biofeedback Devices Pty Ltd, at our nCounters website hosting (contact forms) or at the Payment Processor (PayPal). Personally Identifiable Information collected by www.ncountersonline.com is securely stored and is not accessible to third parties or employees of www.ncountersonline.com except for use as indicated above.
- What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
- Where can I find more information about our handling of my data?
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about our processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights, you can contact nCounters using this email address: email@example.com or by telephone on +613 9939 0400.