nCounters™ Engineering Rehabilitation is a Melbourne based Australian company that develops, designs and manufactures innovative electronic biofeedback rehabilitation therapy and treatment devices.
How useful can an intelligent walking cane be?
- Designed to optimise walking function, speed and safety
- Assists with gait retraining by providing feedback using a pressure sensor embedded in the cane
Studies have shown that this form of biofeedback will assist patients to reach their treatment goals in significantly less time.
Our latest products are the next generation in gait and movement feedback
Portable Limb Load Monitor_Touch (PLLM_Touch) provides audio and visual feedback and analysis on weight-bearing during gait.
Conditions assisted by the PLLM_Monitor Touch may include Acquired Brain Injury, Stroke, Neurological conditions as well as amputees and those required to partially weight bear while recovering from orthopaedic surgery.
Intelligent Walking Cane (Force Cane) provides vibratory feedback on weight-bearing.
Auditory or vibratory feedback on weight through the Force Cane. Appropriate for neurological and orthopedic pathologies. Assists with gait retraining by providing feedback using a pressure sensor embedded in the cane.
Essential Seating Feedback provides audio and visual feedback on seated weight shift and posture.
When the patient’s weight moves off the seating pad the patient will receive audio feedback via a speaker or headphone. If the patient is seated correctly, there is no feedback. Real time feedback is provided by a 10 coloured LED display.
Essential Angle Sensor provides audio and visual feedback on joint movement for hip, knee, elbow.
Designed to improve joint control in various positions. Angle sensor can be placed over the knee, hip and the elbow using straps. Portable, easy to set up for use daily during rehabilitation. Real time feedback is provided by a 10 coloured LED display.
nCounters Engineering biofeedback rehabilitation devices are suitable in the following medical professions:
- Physical Therapy
- Clinical Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Therapy
- Rehabilitation Science
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Rehabilitation and Geriatric Nursing
- General Practioner (Doctor)
- Rehabilitation Physician and Specialist
- Orthopaedic Surgeon / Orthopaedic Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine / Geriatric Physician
- Paediatric Neurologist
- Paediatric Rehabilitation Specialist
- Exercise And Sports Science
- Exercise Physiology
- Movement Science
- Human Physiology
- Performance Analysis
- Gait Laboratories
- Rehabilitation Centres and Services
- Rehabilitation Gyms
- Geriatric Clinics and Health Services
- Community Health Programmes and Services
- Physiotherapy Clinics and Practices
- Occupational Therapy Clinics
------------ As seen on -------------
Managing Director Peter Barrett is a member of the following organisations:
Like a free demonstration?